« | »

Afghan Civilians Killed In Taliban Raid On US

From those enablers of terror at Reuters:

Suicide raid on U.S. security firm kills 15 Afghans

Sat Aug 18

Mirwais Afghan

KANDAHAR, Afghanistan (Reuters) – A suicide car bomb attack outside a base of a U.S. security firm on Saturday killed 15 people in Afghanistan’s southern province of Kandahar, witnesses and police said…

The blast happened close to a highway on the western outskirts of Kandahar city, they said. Police said it was a suicide car bomber. Witnesses said it was aimed at a U.S. security firm called USPI.

A police vehicle and a passenger car were also hit by the explosion, witnesses said, adding three police were amongst the victims.

We saw 12 dead bodies being dragged away. They were civilians and also Afghan employees of the company,” said one witness who refused to give his name.

Kandahar’s police chief, Sayed Agha Saqib, said 15 people had been killed in the attack.

A Reuters reporter saw 15 bodies in the morgue of a hospital in Kandahar city. They included five police, three women and a child, he said, adding 18 more people were wounded in the blast…

Funny how the Reuters reporter disputes the local witness who said that all of the dead were civilians.

And how odd that Reuters downplays “civilians” throughout the article.

Why is that?

This article was posted by Steve on Saturday, August 18th, 2007. Comments are currently closed.

One Response to “Afghan Civilians Killed In Taliban Raid On US”

Sorry, comments for this entry are closed at this time.

« Front Page | To Top
« | »