« | »

Benghazi Video Spun To Refute Organized Attack

From an easily duped Wall Street Journal:

Surveillance Cameras Show Attackers Kicking In Doors

By ADAM ENTOUS and SIOBHAN GORMAN | December 18, 2012

Surveillance cameras recorded more than 100 hours of video footage of the Sept. 11 assault on the U.S. diplomatic mission and a nearby CIA base in Benghazi, Libya, providing important clues to investigators but also leaving key questions unanswered.

The video confirmed the absence of a protest before the attack, which killed U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americans, said officials who viewed the footage.

A detail that some of us have been pointing out until we are blue in the face. And this video was available in real time to people in watch stations all around the world, including at the State Department and White House.

But this article is poorly written we are never told who has this video. Apparently, neither of the ‘reporters’ have viewed it.

It also provided early identification of some of those involved. But the video didn’t establish that the attack was led by al Qaeda-affiliated groups or that the attack was substantially preplanned.

More than three months later, U.S. officials say they still aren’t sure what al Qaeda’s involvement was. A Federal Bureau of Investigation probe is one of many under way.

"I can’t draw a straight line between (al Qaeda’s North African affiliate) and the attacks in Benghazi," Gen. Carter Ham, the head of U.S. Africa Command, said in an interview. "We just don’t know enough yet to know how strong that linkage is."

Organized terrorists were involved. And the terrorist groups in Libya are off-shoots of Al Qaeda and work with Al Qaeda. Gen. Ham and the rest of the Obama administration are playing semantic games here to avoid admitting that Obama’s campaign claims about Al Qaeda being defeated were lies.

The raw video was edited into a presentation running less than 10 minutes that was provided this month to lawmakers.

The cameras had limited fields of view. Investigators said they filled in the gaps through other sources. The cameras lacked infrared lenses, so nighttime footage is grainy and lacking in detail. Some cameras were disrupted or destroyed in the attacks.

"It’s far more confusing than clarifying," said a senior U.S. official who reviewed the raw footage and the edited version.

It doesn’t take high definition TV to discern whether there was an organized protest over a an anti-Muslim video or not. There was no protest. And that is the most important point that needed to be established.

The edited video opens with what appears to be a Libyan police truck fleeing before a mob reaches the compound, according to officials who have reviewed it.

The video shows the mob at the gate. Another camera picks up the crowd inside the compound. But the cameras don’t show people passing through the gate itself, where Libyan guards normally would be stationed. They had been ordered to retreat inside the compound that night. People are shown running past the main mission building toward a back gate that was locked, which suggested a degree of improvisation. "They had no idea where they were going," the senior intelligence official said.

Because organized attackers never get confused.

Later, attackers are seen breaking into two buildings. They kick the door of a third building—the mission’s tactical operations center—but the video shows they failed to break through, officials said.

That they were kicking in doors instead of blasting them with explosives or weapons provided evidence of an ad hoc attack, the senior intelligence official said. "It doesn’t seem like they brought the right tools," the official said.

Some attackers also appeared focused on looting, the official added. One person walked out of the compound with a garment bag. "The video left folks scratching their heads, saying, ‘That’s not what we would have expected an organized attack to look like,’" the senior intelligence official said.

All of this is utter nonsense. You don’t have RPGs and mortars if you don’t pre-plan. And even the most organized soldiers get confused and even loot. And Muslim terrorists can be expected to do both.

It’s painfully clear that whoever briefed these reporters on the video was trying to maintain the lie that an Al Qaeda off-shoot was not involved, in order to keep up the lie that Al Qaeda is on the ropes, like Obama claimed throughout his campaign.

This article was posted by Steve Gilbert on Wednesday, December 19th, 2012. Comments are currently closed.

3 Responses to “Benghazi Video Spun To Refute Organized Attack”

  1. yadayada

    “The raw video was edited into a presentation running less than 10 minutes that was provided this month to lawmakers.”

    hours of footage edited to less than 10 minutes?
    gee… I wonder why it may (or may not) “look” like whatever the editor/director of the movie wanted them to see.

    give me 3 months to edit Lord of the Rings and I could make it look like a 6 year old child’s birthday party.

    thank the good Lord for transparency.

  2. GetBackJack

    We are in the grip of a monumental tsunami of evil and stupidity.

  3. canary

    It was premeditated to pull the security out, replace with Libya militia, and not let the FBI there until 24 days when everything was destroyed.

    Shame on Obama when he knew the hospital where Stevens was at was covered by Al-Qaeda, Obama called them heroes who tried to save Stevens life.

    (CBS News) The former head of a Special Forces “Site Security Team” in Libya tells CBS News that in spite of multiple pleas from himself and other U.S. security officials on the ground for “more, not less” security personnel, the State Department removed as many as 34 people from the country in the six months before the terrorist attack in Benghazi that killed Ambassador Chris Stevens and three others.

    Lt. Col. Andy Wood will appear this week at a House Oversight Committee hearing that will examine security decisions leading up to the Sept. 11 terrorist attack on the U.S. compound in Benghazi.

    Speaking to CBS News correspondent Sharyl Attkisson, Wood said when he found out that his own 16-member team and a six-member State Department elite force were being pulled from Tripoli in August – about a month before the assault in Benghazi – he felt, “like we were being asked to play the piano with two fingers. There was concern amongst the entire embassy staff.”

    “We tried to illustrate… to show them how dangerous and how volatile and just unpredictable that whole environment was over there. So to decrease security in the face of that really is… it’s just unbelievable,” Wood tells CBS News.

    One State Department source tells CBS News the security teams weren’t “pulled,” that their mission was simply over.

    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-50.....ity-staff/
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Bombshell: Obama Administration Withdrew 16 Member Special Forces Team From Libya One Month Before Attack (Video)

    by Jim Hoft Oct 7 2012

    Lt. Col. Wood was subpoenaed to appear at a House committee hearing this coming week. Wood told CBS News it was unbelievable to him that the State Department withdrew security when they did because of the 13 security incidents before 9-11.

    http://www.thegatewaypundit.co.....ack-video/
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    FoxNews: State Department officials resign after scathing report on security lapses in Libya

    Dec 18 2012

    Although much of the focus is on the State Department’s preparedness, the review board didn’t let Libyans off the hook. Some of the security was provided by a militia, and there were “some troubling indicators of its reliability in the months and weeks preceding the September attacks,” the report said.

    The Associated Press contributed to this report.
    Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politic.....z2FX5o6N8z
    http://www.foxnews.com/politic.....p=trending
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    FoxNews: Sources, emails point to communication breakdown in Obama administration during Libya attack

    By Jennifer Griffin Nov 2 2012

    The FBI team did not get on the ground in Benghazi for several weeks after the attack and at that point any “evidence” had been rifled through by looters and journalists.

    But the hospital is surrounded by the al-Qaeda-linked Ansar al-Sharia militia that mounted the consulate attack.”

    This part of the CIA timeline released by the agency on Thursday suggests that the night of the attack, the CIA’s Global Response Staff, or GRS, agents knew that an Al Qaeda-linked group was at the hospital where the ambassador’s body had been taken –

    Further, Fox News has been shown two independent State Department cables, which have now been published by Foreign Policy magazine, that show that on the day of the attack Stevens’ team sent cables expressing concern that the consulate was under surveillance.

    At least one of the cables says the Libyan police themselves — the security force provided to the U.S. consulate by the Minister of Foreign Affairs — was photographing the Consulate at 6:43 a.m. on the morning of the attack.

    U.S. intelligence officials tell Fox News there were reports from eyewitnesses in Benghazi on Sept. 11 that an armed militia was gathering three hours before the attack on the consulate began at 9:47 p.m.

    Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politic.....z2FX5AOlYJ




« Front Page | To Top
« | »