« | »

CBS Skews Its Healthcare Funding Poll

From an utterly shameless CBS News:

Poll: Most Oppose Cutting Funding for Health Care Reforms

CBS News Poll analysis by the CBS News Polling Unit: Sarah Dutton, Jennifer De Pinto, Fred Backus and Anthony Salvanto.
February 15, 2011

A majority of the public disapproves of the Republican idea to cut off funding for health care reform, a new CBS News poll shows – although most also disapprove of the health care law, and many aren’t sure of its impact on the health care system

Most Americans, 55 percent, disapprove of the plan to cut off funding to the new health care reforms, and just 35 percent approve. Among Republicans, approval rises to 57 percent. Forty-nine percent of independents disapprove, and 38 percent approve.

Overall, Americans are wary of the new health care reform laws: 21 percent think the new law will make the system better, but 23 percent think the law will make the system worse.

Another 44 percent say they don’t know enough to say what the law’s impact will be. Uncertainty has increased since the law was first passed last year.

And while there are partisan differences – 43 percent of Republicans think it will make the system worse, but 40 percent of Democrats see it as an improvement – large segments of Republicans, Democrats and independents don’t know what effect the law will have on the health care system.

As has been the case since the law was passed nearly a year ago, more Americans disapprove than approve of the legislation. Now, 33 percent approve, while 51 percent disapprove, including 34 percent who disapprove strongly…

This poll was actually about a number of subjects, but of course CBS News chose to highlight the healthcare results.

But you don’t even have to read the article to understand what they are up to. All you have to do is scroll to the bottom of the actual poll data and see how they oversampled to get the results they wanted. (Screen grab posted at top.)

Notice that CBS News even "weighted" the poll to give the Republicans even less of a say. — In other words, it’s the same thing they always do.

This article was posted by Steve on Wednesday, February 16th, 2011. Comments are currently closed.

6 Responses to “CBS Skews Its Healthcare Funding Poll”

  1. bobdog says:

    It’s hard to find 300 Republicans in Manhattan. The results might be a shade different if the poll was conducted in Dallas, if a “shade of difference” means 100%.

  2. TerryAnne says:

    “55% of those who receive 3 or more checks each month from the government do not approve of cutting health care spending. Of the remaining 45%, 50% receive 1 or 2 checks a month from the government and only wish to see mild cuts in health care, but only in the end of the bill that will provide assistance to the wealthy. Therefore, only 22.5% of Americans wish to see the health care spending dramatically reduced. This poll was conducted in Harlem and we attest that is reflects America just fine, since our poor are so much more than those in those dirty flyover lands.” Or some such drivel would have been far better.

    I swear that liberals are becoming more and more like the annoying kid in “Better Off Dead”: “I want my two dollars!!” When they need to be more like Chris Rock in “I’m Gonna Git You Sucka”: “How much for just one rib?”

  3. proreason says:

    Polls are a big part of the con.

  4. untrainable says:

    There are lies, damned lies and statistics.
    Mark Twain

    Statistics show that of those who contract the habit of eating, very few survive.
    George Bernard Shaw

    and my favorite
    In ancient times they had no statistics so they had to fall back on lies.
    Stephen Leacock

    Looks like lefties are falling back on ancient times

  5. tranquil.night says:

    Other unreported news from the poll:

    Obama faces uncertain election prospects, with 36% of respondents favoring Lady Gaga for President. He’s tied with Charlie Sheen at 24%, edging out Alec Baldwin with 12%.

    Poll conducted in Rockefeller Center.

  6. Liberals Demise says:

    Seems you can get a witness in a barrel of victims anywhere.
    NEXT!!


« Front Page | To Top
« | »