« | »

Muslim ‘Militant’ Sorry For Beheading 3 Girls

From those lovers of jihad at Reuters:

Militant apologises for role in Indonesia beheadings

15 Nov 2006 09:58:08 GMT

JAKARTA, Nov 15 (Reuters) – The main defendant in the beheadings of three Christian schoolgirls last year admitted on Wednesday he was involved in planning to carry out the attack but rejected charges he came up with the idea.

Prosecutors last week accused Muslim militant Hasanuddin of masterminding the atrocity although they said he did not take part in the actual ambush in the Poso region of Central Sulawesi province, an area where deadly Muslim-Christian clashes broke out from 1998 to 2001.

When the trial resumed on Wednesday, Hasanuddin said: "I was involved in this case." But he added a fugitive Islamic cleric had masterminded the plot during talks in which he participated.

"With honesty and sincerity coming from my heart, I ask for forgiveness from the families of the victims. I promise to never repeat it again," the 34-year-old said.

The beheadings triggered an outcry across Indonesia, the world’s most populous Muslim nation, and beyond. The Vatican described the attack as "barbaric".

Prosecutors said last week the attack was plotted by Hasanuddin to avenge the killing of scores of Muslims at a boarding school by a Christian mob in 2000, the peak of the Poso violence.

Earlier on Wednesday, prosecutors outlined the roles of two other Muslim men in the beheading case.

The prosecution said defendants Lilik Purnomo and Irwanto Irano were following Hasanuddin’s orders when they carried out the attack against four girls on their way to school.

"Irwanto Irano was assigned to lead the ambush on the small path assisted by four other members of the group. Lilik Purnomo was the field coordinator assigned to observe the situation," state prosecutor Firmansyah said.

Lead prosecutor Asep Maryono said the two defendants faced charges of criminal conspiracy in a terrorist crime and premeditated murder, both offences carry the maximum penalty of death.

Abu Bakar Rasyide, a defence lawyer for Purnomo and Irano, said after the court hearing: "We cannot accept the charges because they are not based on facts."

The prosecution said neither Purnomo nor Irano were the ones who swung the machetes that decapitated the three girls during the Oct. 29, 2005 attack.

The other alleged members of the seven-member ambush team are still at large, including one whose job was to make sure the girls could not escape.

One of the four girls who was attacked was wounded but managed to escape and report what had happened.

All three defendants are being tried under Indonesia’s anti-terrorism laws and could face death by firing squad if the court finds them guilty.

The trials could last for months.

If he is really sorry, then it’s okay. And he did promise not to do it again. Unless of course he is provoked.



Still, in typical fashion Reuters and the rest of our terrorist-loving one party media have been very careful to leave out some of the more interesting details about these beheadings.

For that information  you have to go half way around the world to the Australian:

Beheaded girls were Ramadan ‘trophies’

Stephen Fitzpatrick, Jakarta correspondent
November 09, 2006

THREE Christian high school girls were beheaded as a Ramadan “trophy” by Indonesian militants who conceived the idea after a visit to Philippines jihadists, a court heard yesterday.

The girls’ severed heads were dumped in plastic bags in their village in Indonesia’s strife-torn Central Sulawesi province, along with a handwritten note threatening more such attacks.

The note read: “Wanted: 100 more Christian heads, teenaged or adult, male or female; blood shall be answered with blood, soul with soul, head with head.”

Javanese trader Hasanuddin appeared in Jakarta Central Court yesterday charged with planning and directing the murders in October last year. He faces a death sentence if found guilty under anti-terrorism legislation.

Hasanuddin allegedly returned from a visit to members of Philippines Islamist group the Moro Islamic Liberation Front with tales of how that organisation regularly staged bombings to coincide with Lebaran, the festival that ends the Muslim holy month of Ramadan. He later spoke with a preacher in Poso, Central Sulawesi, about whether such a plan could work in Indonesia, but expressed doubt about whether it was appropriate.

However, after further discussion with friends, he decided that beheading Christians could qualify as an act of Muslim charity.

Conscripting several accomplices at a local pesantren, or Islamic school, he directed one of them, Lilik Purnomo, to seek out “the head of a Christian”, prosecutors alleged.

It would be a great Lebaran trophy if we got a Christian. Go search for the best place for us to find one,” Hasanuddin allegedly ordered his companion.

Lilik returned to say he had found an “excellent” target – a group of schoolgirls who travelled to and from class by foot in the Central Sulawesi village of Gebong Rejo. The village is in the district of Poso, where hundreds of people have died in sectarian violence in recent years…

Yes. It’s a religion of peace.

Really it is.

This article was posted by Steve on Wednesday, November 15th, 2006. Comments are currently closed.

9 Responses to “Muslim ‘Militant’ Sorry For Beheading 3 Girls”

Sorry, comments for this entry are closed at this time.

« Front Page | To Top
« | »