« | »

Obama Briefed On Threat During 7 Hr Golf Party?

From The Hill:

Terror threat prompts high-level meeting at White House

By Jonathan Easley | August 4, 2013  

The White House said top administration officials gathered late Saturday over a terror threat that provoked the State Department to close more than 20 diplomatic posts and issue a worldwide travel alert.

National Security Adviser Susan Rice chaired a meeting with 12 administration officials including the secretaries of State, Defense and Homeland Security and the directors of the FBI, CIA and NSA, according to a White House statement.

Meanwhile, Mr. Obama was at Camp David for a birthday party weekend. But we feel safer already, just knowing that Susan Rice is on the job.

And never mind that some of those attendees on that list are probably a bigger threat to the country than Al Qaeda.

Rice and Lisa Monaco, the assistant to the president for homeland security and counterterrorism, then briefed President Obama on the latest developments.

Did they pull him off the golf course like they did during the Bin Laden shoot out? According to the pool report, Obama celebrated his birthday with a seven-hour golf party Saturday at Andrews Air Force base, with 11 of his closest friends. Who were all male.

On Friday, a White House official said that Obama had instructed his national security team to take every appropriate step to protect Americans after warnings from foreign officials, movement in the al Qaeda ranks, and new intelligence reports suggested a specific terrorist threat to U.S. and Western targets…

Just like he did for Benghazi, before going off to bed. And then going off to Vegas the next day.

On Friday, CNN reported that Yemeni officials visiting Washington this week alerted U.S. officials to intelligence they’d obtained about the potential for a planned al Qaeda attack in the country in the coming days…

We thought the information came from NSA?

The security precautions by the Obama administration underscore the impact of last year’s deadly strike on the U.S. diplomatic post in Benghazi, Libya. The last time State Department officials issued such forceful warnings of a terrorist strike was prior to the Benghazi assault, which fell on the 11-year anniversary of the 9/11 attacks…

We think they meant to write: "which fell on the 11-year anniversary of the 9/11 attacks deaf ears."

From the Washington Times:

Intel community worried Obama administration disclosed too much about latest al Qaeda threat

By Lisa Ruth | August 3, 2013

In warning about possible al Qaeda attacks against Americans overseas, U.S. officials may have provided too much detail about intercepted chatter and the source of the information, and that may make it more difficult to get such tips next time, former and current intelligence officials say…

On Saturday, unnamed U.S. officials told media outlets Yemeni intelligence agencies alerted Washington to the threat during the visit by the Yemeni president to Washington.

U.S. officials speaking on the condition of anonymity further told press representatives that “chatter” among “operatives” from al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula had been taking place over the last several weeks, and increased over the last few days, lending further credence to the Yemeni warning.

Intelligence officials are dismayed that the administration provided so much detail on what prompted the closings, and that the disclosures could work against obtaining new information. Militants are now likely searching for the sources of the information to both the U.S. and Yemeni officials, and almost certainly will kill anyone they suspect of working with Western intelligence.

“There simply are not that many who would know about the attacks,” says one former high-ranking U.S. intelligence officer, “so it won’t be hard for al Qaeda leaders to pin-point the sources of information. Once that happens, they certainly won’t be working with us anymore.”

Other sources are also likely to reconsider their relationship with the United States over the disclosures. “These guys know their lives are in danger. As soon as the U.S. shows we can’t be trusted, they will go under ground and we won’t hear from them again,” says a current intelligence officer…

What nitpickers. If sources have to be compromised and people have to die to make Obama look good, so be it. You have to break some eggs to make an omelet.

Besides, who is to say that any of this was even an accident? Given whom we are dealing with here.

This article was posted by Steve Gilbert on Monday, August 5th, 2013. Comments are currently closed.

4 Responses to “Obama Briefed On Threat During 7 Hr Golf Party?”

  1. So the chatter was from a foreign intelligence agency, and not from the NSA gathering all our phone and internet communications. Maybe ignoring the warnings from the Russians about the Boston bombers, Jokar and “Speed Bump”, and getting egg on their faces, the administration learned a lesson.

    Unfortunately the lesson the Obama folks learned was that at the first chatter we should run for the hills and scream like a little girl. Obama’s foreign policy is a caricature of Obama himself. Visualize Obama waving a white flag sucking his thumb in the corner while the Muslim Brotherhood pats him on his wittew head and takes over the world.

  2. Steve you are spot on, my brother. The real and actual threat in is Martha’s Vineyard.

  3. “Obama celebrated….. with 11 of his closest friends. Who were all male.”

    What happened to his 12th disciple?

    • Liberals Demise

      Hildabeast Clinton was busy getting testosterone shots and a hot shave to bother.
      I mean, Jesus had his Judas……….right?


« Front Page | To Top
« | »