« | »

Shocker: BBC Protected Failed Terrorists

From the UK’s Telegraph:


Mohammed Hamid who was accused of encouraging his followers to murder non-believers and of running a terrorist training camp, has been found guilty, in London on February 26, 2008.

BBC knew of link to failed 21/7 bombers

27/02/2008

A BBC producer failed to give police information that would have helped track down the July 21 bombers, the trial was told.

[A program called] Don’t Panic, I’m Islamic, which featured the group paintballing and an interview with Mohammed Hamid, was shown on BBC2 on June 12, 2005.

Nasreen Suleaman, the producer, told the court that Hamid said he would use his £300 fee to settle the fine he had been given by magistrates for racially abusing two policemen at his Oxford Street stall.

Called as a defence witness, Miss Suleaman admitted that she had spoken to Hamid in the days following the July 21 attacks and found out he knew the wanted men.

She said she thought he was scared the fugitives might try to call him but did not contact the police because she felt under “no obligation” to do so.

Miss Suleaman claimed she told BBC managers of the situation but no one passed on the information to the authorities.

She looked visibly shaken when told that two of the July 21 bombers, had joined Hamid on another paintball trip two weeks before the bombings.

Miss Suleaman saw Hamid a few days after July 21, 2005 and he seemed “very shocked that the men he knew were accused of this”.

Duncan Penny, prosecuting, said: “Did you tell him to go to the police?”

Ms Suleaman replied: “I don’t think I needed to.”


BBC News “journalist” Nasreen Suleaman.

Apparently the BBC is even more biased than we thought.

This article was posted by Steve on Wednesday, February 27th, 2008. Comments are currently closed.

One Response to “Shocker: BBC Protected Failed Terrorists”

Sorry, comments for this entry are closed at this time.


« Front Page | To Top
« | »