« | »

White Approval Of Obama Down 18%

From a seemingly surprised Washington Post:

Poll shows growing disappointment, polarization over Obama’s performance

By Jon Cohen and Jennifer Agiesta
Sunday, January 17, 2010; A08

A year into his presidency, President Obama faces a polarized nation and souring public assessments of his efforts to change Washington, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll.

Nearly half of all Americans say Obama is not delivering on his major campaign promises, and a narrow majority have just some or no confidence that he will make the right decisions for the country’s future.

More than a third see the president as falling short of their expectations, about double the proportion saying so at the 100-day mark of Obama’s presidency in April. At the time, 63 percent said the president had accomplished a "great deal" or a "good amount." Now, the portion saying so has dropped to 47 percent…

There is a growing racial divide in public assessments of Obama. African Americans overwhelmingly approve of the job he is doing, just as they did in April. There has also been little change in the numbers saying he has accomplished a lot so far. But among whites, a sense that Obama has achieved at least a good amount and his approval rating have both dropped nearly 20 points.

There has been a dramatic falloff in the percentage of whites saying that Obama has brought needed change to Washington. In April, 58 percent of whites said Obama had done this; now the number is 41 percent. Overall, 50 percent of all those polled say Obama has delivered the change that was a main theme of his candidacy; 49 percent say he has not…

Of course the problem is not that Mr. Obama has accomplished too little.

The problem is what the radical leftist has ‘accomplished.’

This article was posted by Steve on Sunday, January 17th, 2010. Comments are currently closed.

7 Responses to “White Approval Of Obama Down 18%”

  1. Liberals Demise says:

    Lawdy, Lawdy……..whose we gonna blames now?

    • JohnMG says:

      It can only be attributable to blatant racism. Never mind that 14% of the population would approve of ANYTHING he did based solely on the color of his skin. Which leaves the other 86%. So what else could it be? As The New York Times’ illustrious Maureen Dowd propounds, “Whites just don’t want to see a black man in charge.”

      MLK would be sooooooo proud………NOT!!

      Instead of demonstrating how competent a black president could be, we have a guy in the Oval Office with the demonstrated capacity to screw up a one-car junkyard!

    • U NO HOO says:

      “screw up a one-car junkyard!”

      We might have a steering wheel somewhere. I’ll direct my administration to immediately, thoroughly, exhaustively, to act in a concerted effort to look for a steering wheel.

  2. eaglewingz08 says:

    Since blacks overwhelmingly favored OJ during and after his trial, it seems that nothing can ever shake their faith in even the most reprehensible african americans.
    While in a certain way that may be evidence of an understandable bunker mentality, it is truly sad and disappointing because if blacks can’t analyze who is really good or bad for them, but merely react to skin color, or party line, then they are dooming themselves politically, economically and socially.

  3. proreason says:

    The numbersa are inflated.

    The question must have read “Assuming you get free housing, medical care, food and lodging for the rest of your life and don’t have to pay a penney in taxes, do you approve or disapprove of the benevolet princely genius who most people consider the greatest leader ever.”

    Then, he might have got 44% of whites and 42% of seniors.

  4. JohnMG says:

    Never thought I would see the day when liberal Jack Cafferty of CNN would call Obama a LIAR.

    Has somebody put something in the liberal water cooler? Check it out.


« Front Page | To Top
« | »