« | »

Would-Be UK Subway Bomber Wore Burka

From those defenders of the faith at Reuters:

London bomb suspect ‘wore burka’

February 20, 2007

LONDON, England (Reuters) — The jury in the trial of six men accused of plotting suicide bombings in London on July 21, 2005, were shown footage on Tuesday of what prosecutors said was one of the suspects escaping in a burka after the failed attacks.

Woolwich Crown Court was shown closed circuit television images of Yassin Hassin Omar, disguised as a woman and dressed in the burka, at Digbeth coach station in Birmingham on July 22 where prosecutors say he fled after the alleged bombings.

Omar, who is accused of trying to set off a bomb on an underground train near Warren Street station, is seen moving through the station carrying a handbag.

He was later arrested by armed police at a house in Birmingham on July 27 where officers say they found him standing in a bath with a rucksack on his back.

Omar, along with Ramzi Mohammed, Muktah Said Ibrahim, Manfo Kwaku Asiedu, Hussein Osman, and Adel Yahya, are all charged with conspiracy to murder over the alleged plot to blow up three underground trains and a bus. They deny the charges.

Mind you, if he had been asked to unveil he could have sued for millions of dollars.

This article was posted by Steve on Tuesday, February 20th, 2007. Comments are currently closed.

No Responses to “Would-Be UK Subway Bomber Wore Burka”

Sorry, comments for this entry are closed at this time.

« Front Page | To Top
« | »